PLUSH DONUT ORNAMENTS WORKSHOP WITH ROBERT MAHAR
SUNDAY, NOV. 13, 2016 / 1-4pm
Deck the halls with something delicious this holiday season! Join designer and maker Robert Mahar for an afternoon of clever crafting as we create plush donut ornaments for your holiday décor and gift giving. Using an ingenious construction technique, even the novice crafter will be able to make a beautiful batch of faux donuts in a variety of icing colors and toppings. Hang them on your tree, tie them to the tops of gift boxes, display them in your kitchen – even use them as pincushions. Each student will receive enough materials to create a delicious half dozen donut ornaments - sweetly packaged in a bakery box, of course!
About Robert Mahar:
Robert Mahar is a designer and maker who develops and teaches imaginative crafts and clever do-it-yourself projects through high-quality video tutorials and in-person workshops. The crafty content he develops and presents to his YouTube viewers, online audience and workshop attendees is often rooted in nostalgia, and his talent for reinventing old-school crafts with a decidedly modern twist has gained him a loyal following.
With an education in studio arts and art history, he has worked in a variety of creative fields including 13 years as an appraiser of modern and contemporary art. When he’s not working in his downtown Los Angeles studio, Robert obsesses over vintage craft books and schemes ways to make it big as a doughnut connoisseur.
- This is an adult workshop, but crafty kids ages 10 and up are welcome!
- Complimentary refreshments will be served – donuts and cold brew coffee!
- 10 spots available. If class doesn't have 8 people by Sunday, Nov. 6th it will be canceled and we will issue you a refund.
- Free street parking on Sundays.
- Location: Leanna Lin's Wonderland / 5024 Eagle Rock Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90041
- Date + Time: Sunday, Nov. 13th / 1-4pm